Friday, September 21, 2012

Day 20



September 20

Up this morning and had to run to the camera store to get a new memory chip as mine is full and my camera suddenly will not advance images to delete.
Worked on the blog for an hour .

Packed all my supplies and a car arrived for the larger supplies and dropped me off at the park.

It is a beautiful day here. Perfect for the installation. Over the last days I have learned that this garden is over 200 years old and the music school that is located in one of the buildings was the Count's Palace.with his servants quarters in another.

My wonderful assistant, Sasha, arrived and spent the day between explaining the project to the local people and helping me string the flags.


All throughout the day photographers dropped by to document the project.


We finished the install around 5pm. I am completely happy with the result. My idea was to create an environment with a color story relating to sadness, BLUE,  with a secondary reaction coming when encountering the words embroidered on some flags. 

                                                                      SLEEP


 
I continued to work on the piece, as classical piano music poured out of the windows of the music school, until the group arrived that was touring various project around the city. 

I left the space at 8pm and went to see two video projection pieces by Andrea Steudel and Paul Notzold.

There was a big after party for the event. Sadly I was too tired to attend.
It was an amazing day.

1 comment:

  1. We are thoroughly enjoying your Blog while you are away. I don't think I'd be able to come back stateside though. The images are breathtaking. Agata Says Hello! - Vida

    ReplyDelete