Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Day 5



Wednesday, September 5

Up this morning and off to the Central Market. Discovered a Date and Apricot stand and melon stand..



Arrived at the Arsenal to much clammer. Everyone is so busy preparing for this weekend and with all the classes that are conducted here daily. So happy to be a part of this. 

More flags were dropped off by people who took them home yesterday.



Spent the afternoon outside at the Arsenal. It is time to nail down absolute plans on the installation.  I thought of how the public will walk, laugh, interact, lounge and  love in this space.  I have to stand to realize I am here. My time in Nizhniy is half over. Set on granite cobblestones with a backdrop of century old buildings, The Park of Love will soften the hardships of everyday life.


After I had taken all the dimensions and made all the drawings, I went inside to find 6 people waiting for me to make flags.


 It is so nice to have such an excitement about a project. We worked until 8pm. 

Walked back to the hotel stopping to hear some of the many musical performances on the main corridor.  The Nizhniy air is always full of music.


3 comments:

  1. This trip has already been a wonderful trip. I am so glad you had the day to run around Frankfurt. It is beautiful! I am completely addicted to this blog. Have a great time! I love the reconstruction photo of post-war and the statue = so pretty! Oh and I am also picturing brick planters here...haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so proud of you taking youself out of your comfort zone. Wish we were there. Where can I find pictures>
    Susan Steward

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is all so exciting. I appreciate your posts and photos. This is a magical time in your life! Savor it.

    ReplyDelete