Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Day 24



September 24

Up at 3am. The driver picked me up at 4am and off to the St. Petersburg airport. 


It was a quiet ride there as the rain continued to fall and the temperature has dropped by 20 degrees In the last 2 days.

Slept through breakfast on the plane heading back to Frankfurt.

Arrived in Frankfurt with a 5 hour layover.  Did some last minute shopping with what Euros remained and then boarded the plane to Atlanta.


Thought about what has happened in my life over the last three and a half weeks. Truly too much to digest right now.

Watched various movies on the plane and arrived in Atlanta after 22 hours of travel.

My friend Virginia was nice enough to be there waiting with a sign of my name in Russian.  She dropped me off and I arrived home at 6 pm only to find a surprise return party was in progress.
The place had been decorated in the style of my installations by Melindo and several people close to us was there. Ceviche and pulled chicken and wine was flowing. What a wonderful way to come home.


It also served as a surprise birthday get together for Virginia complete with a tres leches cake. 


Over the last 24 days, I have experienced so many wonderful  encounters.  
  
 Special thanks to: The staff at CEC Artslink, The National Center for Contemporary Art, The people of Nizhniy Novgorod, Ed Woodham, my wonderful assistant in Nizhniy Irina, Virginia Sowell, my assistant in St. Petersburg Sasha,  Melindo Rabanales for all his hard work on producing the flags and support on all my projects and the community at 46 Leitinyy for their interest and support of BLUE.

No comments:

Post a Comment