Monday, September 10, 2012

Day 10




September 10


Up early today feeling the pain of all the work and celebration yesterday. It was 40 degrees here this morning with 30 mile and hour winds and a drizzle. I had planned to walk down to the river but it is just too cold. I went to the Arsenal to make sure all was well at The Park of Love and walked around the neighborhood and up to Gorky Square, Nizhniy's favorite son.. 


Met Irina at Pozharsky Fountain for lunch 


and went to the Chinese Restaurant. She had never been and it was good to see her out of her element. It was great.


We then walked to the new cable cars that crosses the Volga River and took a ride to the other side.

Afterwards we went to the Arsenal so I could say good bye. That was not easy. 

Then Irina and I walked up Bolshaya. Telling her good bye was really hard as she has been such a wonderful guide during this time. I will never forget her and  the wonderful people and places of Nizhniy Novgorod. I know wonderful things will happen to this town in the future and to all those I met during my stay.

Please visit the below address to see some highlights from my most magical time in Nizhniy.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4516626871438.2188123.1163715478&type=1&l=c863febea0


1 comment:

  1. Day 10 blog already? I know this trip is zipping by for you. I am enjoying the pictures. It is really nice having the visuals. Flags are gorgeous - the colors are perfect. I love the picture of them with all of the gray brick. I am looking forward to following you to the 2nd half. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete