Sunday, September 9, 2012

Day 9



September 9


Up early. It is raining outside which is not a good thing. Headed to the Arsenal. Was the first one there  sat outside with my new friends, the sparrows, they ate all my breakfast right out of the package. 

 Irina came and we did the install on the lines/flags. It is raining with tremendous wind and some of the colors are running on some of the drawings….I felt that was appropriate as often love, too, fades. I had to give 4 interviews today and did a piece for the Arsenal archives.


 The rain did stop and the sun  came out. Made for  a more intense color palette. So many of the flags were cleaned during the rain. Other images took on whole new meanings.   

We walked around the city center looking at all the booths where  the people were selling their handmade goods. Irina bought sushi for us.  I am happy to be here at this time.



Tonight we have been invited to attend the birthday party of “Herring”…the Nizhniy cultural newspaper.  I cannot believe tomorrow will be my last day in this wonderful city. I have crossed paths with so many amazing people.

Stayed at the Arsenal way too late and had to run back to the hotel to drop off my computer and realized the laundry service did not return a few items….  Made it to the tram stop in time to meet Irina and Nastya  but not before stopping to take some photos of the locals having fun and playing all the pianos all around town. 
One child was getting his photo taken with an owl that continued to turn its head around every time I would try to take a picture.
. Took the tram to the party. The party for “Herring” was in a penthouse club space for the Milo Club. Amazing views of the city and so very well catered. I tried so many new Russian dishes…and I was finally convinced to do a shot of Russian Vodka. I knew so many people at the party that I had met during the time here….also I was told many saw me on tv. Who knew? One guy asked me if I was as famous in the other parts of the world as I am in Nizhniy. I laughed. 

Stayed at the party late and made it back to the pedestrian area just in time to see the fireworks over the Kremlin. Grabbed a bite to eat in one of the restaurants and back to the hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment