Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Day 18



September 18

Up early today to go to the Kunsthammer with Ed and Andrea. The Kunsthammer is Peter the Greats museum of biological curiosities. If you are a fan of pickled siamese babies in jars….book your ticket now. Good stuff.



Continuing on Vasileyskiy Island we passed the Rostral Columns. These columns were the original lighthouses to guide boats down the Neva.



Then over to tour the Peter and Paul Cathedral.  This cathedral houses the tombs of the Romanov monarchs with once room for Nicolas II..  



A very beautiful place with a cat that mingles with tourist while keeping the rodent population at bay.



When leaving the Peter and Paul Fortress I encountered a group of young boys asking me about a sculpture outside the main gate. I told them I did not speak Russian that I spoke English. They then proceeded to introduce themselves to me in English. A wonderful moment.



Came back to the apartment to work on my blog.

At 6pm met everyone on Litenyy Prospekt to take a canal tour. It was a beautiful 2 hour cruise.


Then back to the apartment to plan tomorrow's activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment